Introduction:This is an advanced course that aims at training people in different places, jobs for dealing with stressful situations and accidents using the basic skills, maneuvers and CPR. These courses may also include a special focus, as required by the trainees, about special chemical injuries according to the material safety data sheet content of their working environment as well as any special hazards that may be faced during work.
Objectives:Candidates will practise and be assessed on the skills needed to administer first aid to a casualty who is:
- Not breathing
- Bleeding from a wound
- In shock
- Define first aid, steps followed to conduct first aid, rights and duties when conducting first aid
- Background information
- Phsiology and anatomy of different biological systems, and the vital signs (pulse, respiration, temperature, blood pressure)
- Basic Life supports
- The CAB steps, Air way obstruction handling, CPR
- Practical training of the day
- General examination (primary and secondary survey), Vital signs & Performing CPR.
- Definition, types, diagnosis, first aid procedures, transporting, and ways of prevention.
- Hemorrhage Management
- Simple wounds and injuries
- Dealing with simple wounds; cleaning and dressing
- Loss of consciousness
- Fainting and coma.
- Definitions, causes, diagnosis, differentiation, first aid procedures, and ways of prevention
- Ophthalmic (eye) injuries
- Definition, causes, classification, danger signs, first aid, and prevention
- Practical applications
- Handling fractured personnel, Splints, Bandages, Eye bandage, Revision for CPR.
- Definition, causes, first aid, and prevention of reoccurrence
- Definition, causes and types, first aid, danger signs, and prevention
- Diarrhea Snakes & Scorpions bites Causes, danger signs, first aid, and prevention
- Definition, causes, diagnosis, first aid, danger signs, and ways of prevention
- Heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and exposure to cold
Who should attend?
- All safety & security staff
- All people in different places, activities, and risk situations